- The Council will provide advice and recommendations to the Government of Alberta on policy, standards and regulations related to the management of Alberta’s forest genetic resources.
- The Council will foster communication, dialogue and technology transfer among stakeholders and participants in forest genetics research and operations on public forest lands and wetlands in Alberta.
- The Council will encourage an inter-disciplinary approach to forest genetic resource management (FGRM).
- The Council will identify and address issues of concern related to the management of forest genetic resources in Alberta.
Further, the Council is expected to:
- Foster communications, dialogue and technology transfer among various stakeholders and participants in forest genetics research, development and application in Alberta; and
- Address issues in forest genetic resource management through knowledge gap analysis, cooperative research facilitation, and the hosting of workshops, conferences, and seminars.